Comments below from Judy and David who attended the PCC half day:
In our busy lives I think brevity is important so that at least something is read and taken in. My comment for the PCC Half Day:
It was good to be a Mary rather than a Martha for a few hours (Luke 10:38-42) Judy
Theme: Seeking God Together Colossians 3.15
“And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful”.
After the difficulties that have been evident at Holy Trinity over these last few years, this verse is a reminder that Christians should seek peace between themselves.
- – PEACE is the opposite of disturbance and of hostility.
- – PEACE is the opposite of a state of war.
- – BUT peace also means a sense of wholeness…of well-being…the kind that only comes from God.
- – THIS peace comes from the saving work of Jesus in your heart where first you and He ceased being enemies….through the cross.
- – IT is the peace of Christ that rules in your heart.
- – THEN, after you have the peace of God it translates into peace with the members of Christ’s body showing up in our everyday lives…..by the power of the resurrection within each one of us.
May God’s peace reign in all our lives. David Green