Holy Trinity PCC has adopted the Diocesan Policy and Procedures which can be found on the diocesan website. “Safeguarding in the Parish – A Reference Guide”. The guide aims to provide you with the key safeguarding information everyone needs at a parish level. Up-to-date versions of all relevant Diocesan safeguarding documents can be found on the safeguarding pages of the Diocese of Derby website.
Paul Hunter and Sheila Laming are the Parish Safeguarding Links
We are committed to:
- the care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with all: children, young people and all adults
- the safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and all adults
- the establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where victims of abuse can report or disclose abuse and where they can find support
- and best practice that contributes to the prevention of abuse.
We seek to abide by the following good practice guidelines;
- a) Treat everyone with respect, setting a positive example for others.
- b) Respect personal space and privacy.
- c) Ensure any actions taken cannot be misrepresented by someone else.
- d) Challenge any unacceptable behaviour in a constructive and helpful manner.
- e) Not to put anyone, including ourselves, in a vulnerable or compromising situation.
- f) Not have inappropriate physical or verbal contact with others, including the use of IT communication devices.
- g) Not to keep allegations or suspected abuse secret and always follow the Diocesan Safeguarding Flowchart. (see below)